Thursday, July 14, 2011

Double Trouble, Twice as Nice

Ok, so my husband and I decided that practicing the art of cooperation when making soap really is the best way to go...We get more done that way and we each get to be creative.

What we decided to do, instead of me making a batch of soap, for example, then cleaning everything up and then having hubby make a batch of soap, was to work smarter. So, we decided to get a super duper BIG bowl, make a double batch, mix it to a light trace, then divide the batter between us.

That way, each of could go along our merry way, so to speak, adding the scents, colors, herbs, etc. that we needed to create our own masterpiece-at the same time. Wasn't this brilliant? Yes, I know, we surprise even ourselves sometimes...If you have a big enough bowl, you can solve many problems, that's what I've learned here...so go buy a big bowl...

My husband made some kind of "special" shaving soap that I'm not privy to know much about. He put it in two pcv pipes to set so the soap would be round. He decided to make it green vomit color, because that's the way he said "real" men like it...He wrapped it in a a couple of (my) towels, and a blanket, and "put it to bed". I think that's a soaper term, although sometimes I'd like to wrap him like that and "put him to bed"...ok, but I digress...

Now, I'm used to seeing weird things, especially in my kitchen (yes, I really said that) but even I had to do a double take when I walked in last night and saw his "babies"  all snug in their blanket "gelling" for the night. ha


Don't know what the belt was for...I just figure those "babies" better gel...or else...I mean, if I were them, I'd gel right fast...ha


Ok, so hubby made the shaving soap and I made Chacalaca Chocolate soap...A chachalaca is a turkey like bird that is native to our area, and chocolate is...well, the greatest thing on the planet...so I figured why not put those two suckers together, right? Well, not to eat or anything, but for soap...follow my thinking?  sure you do...we'll get you the help you need later...but for now....here's a picture...
Ok, wait...I can't find a picture yet, so I'll show you what I made yesterday instead...Old news is still good, you know...
Yesterday, I made Chile con Queso soap...yes, it LOOKS just like Chile con Queso, but it SMELLS like citrus...How cool is that?
Ok, so who wins? Green Vomit Shaving soap with mysterious herbs or Chachalaca Chocolate? Ok, I realize now that you haven't actually SEEN either one of these, but that doesn't matter...Just make the determination based on the knowledge at hand...Come on...who wins?

Does it HAVE to be a contest, you ask? Of course, it does...It's always a contest, baby! And I want to win....Ok, I think I win...Look at the facts...I am here, up and at 'em...while he is still sleeping...Now, what kind of a father is that, I ask you? He doesn't even know if his "babies" survived the night...(They did...I checked) So, I think I win by default...yep...another one for me...So that's a million and one for ME and one for him...yeah, there was that time....

No comments:

Post a Comment